Our client is a small and modern bank that builds the most flexible and innovative personal finance products. They give their clients full control of their finances. You will get a unique opportunity to work with forward-looking entrepreneurs, developers, and leaders who have been successful in starting and developing fintech companies for more than 10 years. Your main task will be to develop a new product from scratch.
- Work in a team with other back end developers, front end developers, a product manager, and UX designers. The team will either the credit, cards, checkout or accounts team. The other team members will be in Stockholm and Gdansk
- Using Scala to develop new features for the product working in two-week sprints together with the other team members
- Sharing experiences and best practices for functional programming in Scala. Many (all) of the developers are passionate about this topic 🙂
- Performing code reviews with and for team members
- Integrating with partners in the FinTech space
- Focus areas for next year: Launching new products, internationalization, integration between our product areas, building a stable and scalable platform
What we’re looking for
- Professional experience of Scala. If you’re a battle-hardened Java programmer and have started looking at Scala in your spare time, let’s talk too!
- If you’ve used Akka or have Actor Model experience from another language or technology you get a gold star
- Apprentice wizard level knowledge in Kafka
- You get that warm, fuzzy feeling when you think about Kubernetes and Docker
- If you have code you can share in Bitbucket or on GitHub, we get that warm fuzzy feeling too
- Good level of English (both spoken and written)
- You love borsch!
- Making yourself understood and communicating both your point and your reasoning. Swedes like what they call the “red thread” – or logical progression of thoughts. Extra points if you can do it succinctly.
- Naming five or more dishes that include beetroot, besides borsch.