Our client’s main goal is to solve the major pain points that car buyers and dealers experience in the car buying process, and as a result, they’ve created the most convenient, stress-free platform for finding and buying a new or nearly-new car
Our client’s team consists of 170+ people based in central London and Munich. You’ll be working within a cross-functional team with Product Managers, Data Scientists/ Analysts, Developers, and Designers. As a product team, you will be working towards Objectives to improve and deliver new features that meet business needs. As a member of the development team, you will work within a fluid Agile environment with occasional pair programming. Well structured, readable code and a strong emphasis on TDD are key. The site has over 2 million unique visitors per month, and usability, data science & analytics and performance are vital to keeping them competitive.
Our client is pro-Open Source and actively encourages developers to keep up to date with the latest tech trends. At the same time, they don’t jump on every fad. If it makes sense for the business and it will improve their products, they’re the type to ask, “Why not?”.
What we’re looking for
- Significant previous experience of working with a dynamic web-based programming language (e.g. Ruby, Python, or PHP)
- Proven experience in a TDD environment
- Proven track record of thinking through and delivering technical solutions for business problems
- Experience of working as part of an Agile product team
- Experience of leading projects
- Experience of building and scaling web applications
- Good communication skills – you can you get your idea across verbally in a manner that developers, analysts, product managers and designers will all understand
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Elm
- You love borsch!