Our client is an online educational assessment platform that offers innovative, reliable and secure service for clients around the globe. You will get a unique opportunity to be part of a global team that works with governments, awarding bodies, universities, municipalities, and schools to deliver secure, standardized tests.
The company focuses on ed tech and the enhancement of learning. Their mission is to improve the way students are evaluated, and how students learn. Ultimately this goal attempts to open up more opportunities in life for everyone and lead to a more fair and adaptive process of learning. What sets them apart is being a small and agile company, while dealing with major enterprise customers. They combine user-friendly and innovative work together with delivering enterprise-level features that support existing workflows.
This project is based on the programming language Go, heavily utilizing desktop OS APIs (on both Windows and Mac OS). The stack consists of AWS services, Java, ElasticSearch, etc. on the backend.
Relevant experience and abilities
- An eye for clean, testable, maintainable, and performant code.
- Ideally experienced in working on large projects with many other developers.
- Good basis with Windows, Windows API, and interested in MacOS development. Or vice versa.
- Passion, drive, energy, a sense of humor and a great attitude!
- Good level of English
Bonus if you have competence/experience in
- Experience with network apps development, service, Core and user interface.
- Experience with Agile development methodology & Test-Driven development is a plus.
- You love borsch!
- Do more extensive development on the browser that they provide for high-stakes exams.
- The focus will be on developing additional features in the Safe Exam Browser.
- This will both be in relation to handling local storage of student submissions, automatic upload of submissions delivered while offline, and also some UI to manage/monitor these processes.
- Tasks would include participating in defining the architecture and development tasks.