Our client is an online educational assessment platform that offers innovative, reliable and secure service for clients around the globe. You will get a unique opportunity to be part of a global team that works with governments, awarding bodies, universities, municipalities, and schools to deliver secure, standardized tests. Your main task will be to drive the development of the core product. You will work closely with other developers, UX designers and data scientists to build delightful end-user experiences that re-invents educational assessment for the 21st century.
The company focuses on ed tech and the enhancement of learning. Their mission is to improve the way students are evaluated, and how students learn. Ultimately this goal attempts to open up more opportunities in life for everyone and lead to a more fair and adaptive process of learning. What sets them apart is being a small and agile company, while dealing with major enterprise customers. They combine user-friendly and innovative work together with delivering enterprise-level features that support existing workflows.
Relevant experience and abilities
- An eye for clean, testable, maintainable, and performant code. Ideally experienced in working on large projects with many other developers
- Background in the latest frontend technologies (e.g. ECMAScript 2018, TypeScript, Webpack, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of React and/or React Native
- Strong understanding of web standards, cross-browser compatibility, and CSS-based design
- Production experience with continuous integration
- Experience working with REST APIs
- Passion, drive, energy, a sense of humor and a great attitude!
- Good level of English
Bonus if you have competence/experience in
- Familiarity with performance and security best practices
- Experience with Agile development methodology & Test-Driven development is a plus
- You love borsch!
- The focus will initially be on developing a new app from scratch (together with team members in Oslo) to support speaking tests.
- After principle work on that app is completed the developer would also work on the development of other features, most likely in relation to the marking tool (which is a Ract.js app, using Redux and TypeScript).
- Tasks would range from participating in defining the architecture, to specific dev tasks.